Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
Dietary Specifications: vegan, gluten free
- 1 large head curly kale
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Avocado Oil
- 2 ½ tsp. Jansal Valley Chile-Lime Powder
- ½ tsp. 1830 Sea Salt
- Wash kale and dry each leaf thoroughly.*
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line 2-3 sheet pans with silicon baking mats or parchment brushed with Avocado Oil. Set aside.
- Align knife parallel to the thick inner stem of each leaf and cut to remove curly portions from stems in a single section. Discard stems.
- Cut remaining leaves into 2 inch pieces and place all of them into a large bowl (save the little bits as well…they will dehydrate faster, but they will be way too tasty to pass up).
- Toss kale leaves with Avocado Oil. Massage kale where necessary to ensure that both sides of leaves are well coated.
- Combine seasonings. Sprinkle over kale and toss to coat.
- Spread leaves in single layer on prepared sheet pans.
- Dehydrate kale for 45-60 minutes, rotating trays 180 degrees and from top to bottom shelve at 15 minute intervals. This will ensure even dehydration and allow you to monitor and remove any smaller kale leaves that may crisp a bit faster.
- Remove kale when it is crispy…and just try to share it with others. Good luck. These are truly addicting!
*Note: The easiest and best method for drying kale is to lay the rinsed and drained leaves on sheet trays lined with paper towels and allow to dry in the refrigerator for the day or overnight. Drier leaves will cook faster, and shrink less.
Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.