Press this golden and lime-bespeckled popsicle to your lips…take a bite…close your eyes while it slowly melts on your tongue. Rich, yet low in fat. Sweet, but extremely low in sugar. This is tropical paradise in a popsicle.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8-10 popsicles
Dietary Specifications: dairy free, gluten free
2 mangoes, peeled and chopped (approximately 2½ cups)
1, 13½ oz can light coconut milk
zest of 1 lime, divided
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
1 tblsp. agave
- Combine mango, coconut milk, lime zest and juice, agave, and Italian Mango Whole Fruit Vinegar in a blender, reserving some lime zest for sprinkling into molds.*
- Puree until smooth, creamy and thick.
- If using horizontal popsicle molds, scatter reserved lime zest along inner surface of molds.
- Pour mango coconut mixture into molds until full and flush with rim.
- Insert popsicle sticks until only 1/3 of the stick is visible beyond the base of the pop. Scrape excess fruit puree if necessary to ensure that popsicles remain level and uniform.
- Freeze overnight.
*Note: A decorative sprinkling of lime zest is most effective when using horizontal molds. If you are using vertical molds, the zest will gather at the tip of the mold, so you may choose to simply add all the zest to the blender to puree. Don’t skip the zest though as it adds a burst of fresh flavor!