Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 1 quart
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups light cream
- 1½ tbsp. granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ⅛ tsp. plus a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup (6 oz.) high quality, 63-65% dark chocolate, such as Guittard
- 1 tablespoon Gustare Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic
- Heat milk, cream, sugar, extract, and spices over medium heat to just below boil, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add chocolate and stir to melt completely.
- Add Cinnamon-Pear balsamic and enjoy!
Note: For an extra-special treat, top your Chocolate Caliente with homemade Dark Chocolate Balsamic Marshmallows!