Active Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20-30 minutes
- 3 tbs Gustare Pepperoncino-Garlic Olive Oil, plus more to drizzle if desired
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 14½ ozs. chicken broth
- 4 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4-oz. can green chile peppers, sliced or diced
- 4 15.5-oz. cans Great Northern beans, drained and divided
- Heat olive oil in sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken, onions and garlic. Sauté over medium heat until chicken is cooked or browned and onions and garlic are tender.
- Place chicken mixture, including residual olive oil, into stock pot. Add chicken broth, spices and green chilies.
- Puree one can of beans with small amount of broth from stock pot, until smooth. Add puree to chili to thicken.
- Add remaining beans. Allow to simmer 15-20 minutes.
- Drizzle with additional olive oil just before serving if you desire a little more kick. Enjoy!
Note: Excellent served with freshly grated Colby Jack cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and tortilla chips.