Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 50 minutes, approximately
- 4 tbsp. Gustare Cilantro-Roasted Onion Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds chicken parts, rinsed and pat dry
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup pimento, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped or 4 canned tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- Zest of an orange
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 1¾ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Dark Chocolate Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Warm olive oil in a large enameled Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and brown on both sides. Remove to a platter and set aside.
- In the same pan, add onions, green pepper, pimento, garlic and tomatoes and cook over low heat for 10 minutes. Stir in chili powder, broth, almonds, raisins, zest and seasonings. Simmer, covered, 30 minutes. Puree in a food processor (in batches, if necessary) or with an immersion blender until smooth. Stir in Chocolate balsamic. Add chicken to the pot covering all pieces with sauce. Bake, covered, 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Enjoy!
Serving Suggestion: Pair with our Simple Citrus Rice.