Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 2½ quarts
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1½ tbsp. Gustare Chipotle olive oil, plus more to drizzle
- 3 leeks, halved lengthwise, sliced thin, and washed very well
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- ¼ tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 med celery root (celeriac), approx. 2 pounds, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, approx. 1 pound, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Melt butter with Chipotle olive oil in stock pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks, garlic and chipotle powder. Stir to coat. Cover and sweat, stirring occasionally until soft, approximately 10 minutes.
- Add celery root and potato, stir to coat, cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and seasoning. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Leave lid slightly askew and simmer approximately 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove from heat. Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Return to heat to re-warm if necessary.
- Serve with a drizzle of Chipotle olive oil and a sprinkling of freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
Vegetable stock or low-sodium broth may be substituted for chicken stock to satisfy dietary preferences.
Soup may be pureed in several batches using a traditional blender if you do not possess an immersion blender.