Prep Time: 15-20 minutes
Inactive Time: 30 minutes
- 1 package baby carrots
- 1 fennel bulb, cleaned, trimmed and core removed, reserving a few fennel fronds for garnish
- 1 bunch of radishes, cleaned, ends trimmed
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp. fresh chives, minced
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Sicilian Lemon Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of roasted garlic (see note below)
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup Gustare Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fit food processor with a grating blade. Place carrots on their side in the feed tube to shed 3 cups total. Add to a large bowl.
- Cut fennel to fit into the feed tube and shred 2 cups total. Blot well with paper towels to remove excess water and add to bowl. Shred radishes to total 2 cups, blot well and add to bowl. Add thyme and chives. Set aside.
- Combine balsamic, Dijon, garlic, orange zest, salt, and pepper. Press garlic gently into a paste if necessary to blend completely. Pour Blood Orange olive oil in a thin stream while whisking to completely emulsify, which ensures the garlic is well blended.
- Pour approximately half the vinaigrette over vegetables and toss to coat. Pour remaining vinaigrette in a small pitcher to pass at the table. Cover slaw and refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Slice off the top third of a garlic head, exposing the cloves and place on a sheet of foil inside a small baking dish. Drizzle with approximately 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and a sprig of fresh thyme. Gather the ends of the foil and twist to close. Roast for 30-40 minutes or until the cloves are very soft when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.