Prep Time: 15 minutes
Inactive Cook Time: 45-60 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
For the rub:
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 3 tsp. fresh sage, finely chopped, or 1 tsp. ground sage
- ½ tsp. ground marjoram
- 1½ tsp. fresh rosemary, minced, or ½ tsp. ground rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2-pound pork tenderloin
For the sauce and glaze:
- 8 ozs. pancetta, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Gustare Savory Sage & Wild Mushroom Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3.5 ozs. shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 shallot, halved lengthwise and sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp. fresh sage, finely chopped
- ¼ plus ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- ⅔ cup Gustare Black Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ¾ cup black cherries, halved (defrosted and drained if using frozen)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Season pork generously with salt and pepper. Rub all over with cut garlic clove, followed by sage, marjoram and rosemary.
- Heat Savory Sage & Wild Mushroom olive oil in sauté pan over medium high heat. Add pork to hot pan and brown 4-5 minutes each side.
- Transfer to sheet tray and roast at 375 degrees for approximately 45-60 minutes, or until internal temperature of pork reaches 150-155 degrees at its thickest point.
- Once cooked, remove pork from oven, drain and reserve roasting juices, and cover tenderloin with foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cook pancetta in clean, hot sauté pan until crisp. Remove with slotted spoon and cool on paper-towel lined plate to remove excess grease.
- Add reserved juice, mushrooms, shallot, garlic, herbs, and seasonings to pan with remaining pancetta drippings and sauté over medium heat until fork tender, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add Black Cherry balsamic and brown sugar. Cook and stir until thickened, approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in half the pancetta and cherries and cook just to warm.
- Arrange pork on heated platter and spoon glaze generously over the top. Sprinkle with remaining pancetta.