Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- ½ cup Gustare Honeybell Orange Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. good vanilla
- 1 pound strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- ½ pint blueberries, rinsed, pat dry
- ¼ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Optional: plain Greek yogurt, vanilla bean ice cream, fresh ricotta
- In a small saucepan, add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat, add vanilla and set aside to cool.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine strawberries, blueberries and pepper. Add half of the balsamic syrup and toss gently to coat the berries.
- In a martini glass or serving dish of your choice, spoon the balsamic berries over yogurt, ice cream, fresh ricotta or all by itself. Garnish with a sprig of mint. Pass the additional balsamic for a little extra drizzling. Enjoy!
Note: Serve in a simple merengue heart for romantic occasions!