Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 2 small or 1 medium head Boston Bibb lettuce, separated, washed and spun
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 pink grapefruits, peeled and sectioned (see note below)
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp. feta cheese or goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- ¼ cup Gustare Grapefruit Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ cup Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard (smooth)
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly grated
Tear lettuce into pieces and place in a large serving bowl. Add the avocado, grapefruit, pine nuts, red onion, cheese, and chives. Whisk vinaigrette ingredients until smooth and emulsified. Pour desired amount over salad and toss to coat. Pass remaining vinaigrette at the table. Enjoy!
Note: To section your grapefruit, use a serrated knife to first cut a small slice from the bottom of the grapefruit through the rind and outer membrane to reveal the pink flesh. This will enable the fruit to sit squarely on your cutting board for the next step.
Beginning at the top of the grapefruit, follow the contour of the fruit and slice toward the bottom cutting off all the rind. The sections are now visible. Holding the fruit securely in one hand (over a bowl since it’s a juicy task), insert your knife between the membrane and flesh, angling toward the core to remove each segment. Continue until all the beautiful, pink segments have been removed and are ready to be enjoyed.