Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
- 1½-2 pounds Roma tomatoes (about 5 medium-large)
- ¼ cup your favorite Gustare Extra Virgin Olive Oil, approximately
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- Sea salt and pepper
Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a sheet pan with Silpat or parchment paper, set aside.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. While water is boiling, set a large bowl nearby half filled with ice cubes and cold water. Working with a few tomatoes at a time, blanch the tomatoes in boiling water for 5-10 seconds or until the skin begins loosen. Remove and immediately plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain on a kitchen towel until all tomatoes are blanched and cool enough to handle.
Using a paring knife, remove tomato skin, quarter and seed. Place on prepared sheet pan. Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes. Distribute pressed garlic evenly and sprinkle with thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
Roast until the tomatoes begin to shrink, 45-60 minutes, depending upon size. Transfer to a container, add a good drizzle of olive oil and refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!
- Add to sautéed dark, leafy greens
- Serve alongside fresh ricotta to top baguette slices or cracker
- Between a grilled cheese of mozzarella and arugula
- Topping for a simple pizza with grated Parmigiano-Reggiano