Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
Sweet & Spicy Breakfast Oats
PREP TIME: 8-10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 5 minutes
- 1 Gala apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into ½”-3/4”inch cubes
- 1 red pear, peeled, cored, and chopped into ½”-3/4” inch cubes
- ½ cup golden raisins
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Pinch salt
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Optional: 2 tbsp. Gustare Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
Combine fruit with vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of Cinnamon-Pear balsamic. Toss to coat and set aside.
Boil water over high heat. Add oats and salt. Stir.
Add fruit, undrained. Cook over medium low heat 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally
Add brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes.
Drizzle with additional 2 tablespoons of balsamic. Stir to distribute. Serve and enjoy!
- Top with a dollop of creamy Greek yogurt and sprinkle with toasted, balsamic-glazed pecans or walnuts
- Substitute Gustare New England Maple Balsamic to create another cozy, hearty, and satisfying breakfast