Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
- 4-5 cups chicken stock
- Gustare Whole Fruit Lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped (approximately ½ cup)
- 2 small or 1 large leek, trimmed of dark green, chopped (approximately 1-1½ cups)
- 1½ cup arborio rice
- ½ cup Chardonnay
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (not pencil thin) cut in 1½ pieces
- 8 ozs. fresh peas
- 2 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
- ½ cup finely grated Parmigiano, plus more for finishing
- Juice of half a lemon
Pour stock into a medium saucepan set on medium until very warm. Reduce to simmer and keep warm.
Add ¼ cup of Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil, shallot and leeks to a large, heavy bottomed pan and saute for 5 minutes until just becoming tender. Stir in rice, coating well and cook for about a minute.
Add wine, stir and cook until wine is absorbed, 3-5 minutes. Stir in asparagus.
Begin adding the hot stock one ladle at a time, stirring continuously until all the broth is absorbed before adding another. When at least 4 cups of stock are used, rice should be tender but slightly al dente, cooking approximately 22 minutes.
Stir in peas, thyme, seasonings, Parmigiano, and lemon juice and turn off the heat. Let it sit for 10 minutes. You may want to stir in a splash of remaining stock just before plating. Enjoy!
Note: Drizzle just a bit of Whole Fruit Lemon olive oil and a sprinkle of Parmigiano at the table for a delicious finishing touch.