Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
Pear-Cherry Crumble – Gluten Free
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 45 minutes
- Gustare Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ cup certified gluten-free whole oats
- ¼ cup certified gluten-free oat flour*
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or chopped pecans
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ginger
- ⅛ tsp. cloves
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. cold butter, cut into small cubes
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush a 7”x 5” (3 cup) baking dish with Gustare Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil and set aside.
Toss together all dry ingredients and spices until well combined.
Cut in cold butter to create pea-sized crumbs. Set aside.
- 1 cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved**
- 1 ripe red pear, peeled, cored, and cut into half-inch chunks
- ¼ cup Gustare Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. black pepper, freshly ground
Prepare filling in separate bowl. Combine all ingredients and stir to coat.
Pour filling into prepared baking dish. Top evenly with streusel.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until golden brown, thickened and bubbling.
Allow to cool 5-8 minutes before serving.
Top with vanilla bean ice cream for a truly amazing treat! Enjoy!
* No oat flour? Make your own! Just pulverize whole oats in a food processor to attain the desired flour-like consistency.
** If using frozen cherries, allow to defrost completely and strain liquid before adding to filling.