Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
Overnight Stuffed French Toast with Balsamic Syrup
PREP TIME: 20-25 minutes
COOKING TIME: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- ½ cup Gustare Cinnamon-Pear Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cup Gustare Red Apple Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 orange zested
Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
Remove from heat, add to a small pitcher and set aside to cool.
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 Gala apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. nutmeg
- Zest of an orange and juice of half
- 1 tsp. vanilla
In saute pan, add Blood Orange olive oil and remaining ingredients and cook over medium low until fruit is fork tender, approximately 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- 2 tbsp. Gustare Blood Orange EV olive oil
- 1 French baguette (approximately 1 pound)
- 10 large eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- Generous pinch of sea salt
Brush a 9×13 baking dish with 1 tablespoon of Blood Orange olive oil. Cut baguette into ½-inch cubes arranging half the bread on the bottom on the pan. Add the sautéed fruit and top with remaining bread cubes. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well blended. Pour egg mixture over bread and fruit evenly coating all the bread. Cover tightly with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake covered for 45 minutes. Uncover and brush with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve immediately, drizzled with Balsamic Syrup. Enjoy!