Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
- 4 stalks broccoli
- ½C julienne or shredded carrots
- ½C thinly sliced purple cabbage
- ½C thinly sliced red onion
- 1Tbsp Gustare Persian Lime Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1Tbsp Gustare Honey Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1½ Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 1½ tsp fresh ginger root, grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- zest ½ lime
- ¾ tsp Cape Cod Sea Salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp almonds, toasted and chopped
Peel tough outer layer of broccoli stalks. Cut into matchsticks approximately 2” in length. You should yield approximately 2 cups.
Combine broccoli, carrots, cabbage, and red onion in medium bowl. Set aside.
Whisk together olive oil, balsamic, juice, zest, and seasonings, until well combined.
Pour dressing over vegetables and toss to coat. Allow to marinate 20-30 minutes to enhance flavor but maintain vivid color.
Sprinkle with toasted almonds just before serving.
Slaw is best eaten on the day it is made. While it stays crunchy overnight, colors bleed together after extensive marinade time and become less vivid.
Serve seared tuna on a bed of this citrusy, gingery slaw. My mouth is watering already!
It is also a delicious accompaniment for grilled swordfish or salmon.
Add a surprising crunch and twist of flavor to a sandwich wrap!
It is refreshing as a cold veggie salad all on its own!