Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
- 2 cups leftover boiled potatoes, chopped in ½-inch-or-so pieces
- 2 cups leftover corned beef, finely chopped or shredded
- ¼ cup reserved cooking liquid from your corned beef or chicken broth
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 1 tbsp. whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- a good pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- Gustare Garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- or Gustare Leek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
In a large bowl, place 1 cup of the potatoes and mash with a fork. Add remaining 1 cup of potatoes, corned beef, cooking liquid or broth, onion, garlic, mustard, thyme and nutmeg. Season generously with pepper and mix gently but well. Refrigerate for an hour or as much as overnight (covered).
Heat 2-3 tablespoons of Garlic olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the hash mixture and cook for a few minutes to begin to form a crusty bottom. Using a spatula, lift a section to peek under to see how it’s crisping. Flip in sections to brown the other side. Cook until crispy and browned.
Serve with a poached egg nestled on top and/or a sprinkle of chopped parsley. Enjoy!