Recipe courtesy of Gustare Olive Oils & Vinegars
- 1 pound asparagus, washed, trimmed
- 1 tbsp. your favorite Gustare extra virgin olive oil varietal
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 oz. Parmigiano-Reggiano slivers
- Gustare Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- Gustare Herbs di Napoli Balsamic Vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place asparagus and olive oil in large baking dish, roll until evenly coated. Arrange in single layer. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made ahead to this point.)
Cover with foil, bake 12-15 minutes or until tender when pierced with the tip of a sharp knife. Remove from oven.
Make ¼ cup of thin Parmigiano-Reggiano slivers with a vegetable peeler. Scatter slivers over asparagus, return to oven. Continue baking, uncovered, just until cheese softens, about 2-3 minutes.
Plate asparagus and drizzle with several drops of Fig balsamic. Serve and enjoy!